Sunday 14 September 2014

Impressions from Brazil

From July to September, we travelled in Brazil. Here's a few impressions of our time there:

On a farm in the tropical state of Bahia.



Party time during the first world cup match of Brazil. (I don't have pictures of the semifinal but the mood was definitely more subdued. What struck me after that fatefull match was that I never got any negative reactions from Brazilian football fans when I told them I'm from Germany!)


3-year-old agroforestry system that our friend Juã installed close to Brasília at 1200m altitude in an area where the natural vegetation (called Cerrado) does not even look half as lush as this! Beside bananas, coffee and a range of vegetables and fruit, he grows both apple and cocoa trees at his sitio semente (http://www.sitiosemente.com). That's a combination I've never seen anywhere else!


One of Brasília's weird buildings, the Digital TV Tower.


In the Chapada dos Veadeiros





Mutirão (common work) in our friend Fabiana's agroforestry system.


No comments: